07 August, 2012

Denmark: Days 1 & 2

Day 1. Flying was quite positive. We went business class and spent a miserable time in their Admiral Club. We had to pay for everything. We are accustomed to Scandinavian Airline's club, where everything is free. Well of course you pay a lot for the ticket, but that so do you pay a lot for the American Airlines/ British Airways ticket. 

The time on board was different. There was  fantastic food. I ate too much and drank too much and tossed my cookies after the meal was done. Then the next day I couldn't eat anythhing. My stomach was so bad. 

We slept well and arrived at some ungodly early hour in London. I had forgotten how big Heathrow is. It took two hours to get from one terminal to another. 

The trip to Copenhagen was uneventful. We slept the whole way. On arrival we picked up our luggage and went to buy our tickets for the train. 

We slept the whole two and half hours to Horsens. Kjeld met us and we drove back to Soevind. I was so tired I could hardly stay awake at dinner. I am glad we didn't start the walk this week. 

Day 2.  Today I slept late and looked out at the weather. Dick was already out walking when I woke up. It was sunny then. But rain poured down while we had breakfast and I wondered if I would have to put on my rain gear. But fortunately, the afternoon brought the sun, but still the temperature was low moderate. So we walked two miles through the countryside and it was glorious. Let's see what tomorrow brings.



No comments:

Post a Comment