28 November, 2009

Rejected

I don't how many of you remember Joe in Lil Abner, who always had a black cloud that followed him. That is how I feel today. I'm beginning to think I should hide out in my bedroom that has no windows. Actually  I am just feeling sorry for myself.

I went to the ATM and my card was rejected. Now I suppose you think I forgot to leave enough money in the account, but no. I went back to Mohini'to look on the internet and sure enough more than $5000 in the account. So I sent a ripper of an email to the bank. But Dick is in Madison and will take care of this. I hope so anyway.

The thing is my head went into fourth gear. How would I take care of this, who would I pick to save me this time.  Yes, things like this have happened before. But then it was caused by my own stupidity like ripping up the wrong airline ticket. But not this time. I had enough money in the bank and I told the bank that I would be in India during this time. So I don't know what their problem is. Anyway, I'm sure everything will turn out well.

 Well it is a few hours later and I called the bank. There are no holds on my card. So the problem is on this end.  I don't know what that means, but I will be off tomorrow to try a number of ATMs in the city. If it doesn't work I have figured out an alternative or two. So I'm not too worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment