25 March, 2011

Relaxing in Denmark

We have been traveling constantly, seeing family and friends. It is often overwhelming flying, then unpacking, repacking and flying again. I can't relax enough to write. But now I am in Horsens, a small town in Denmark with our friends, Jette and Kjeld. It is always peaceful here, so after a day or two I feel human again.

                                              Jette and Kjeld in Varanasi

Denmark is windy, gale force winds, but those Danes get out and walk, making sure they remain as strong as their Viking ancestors.. Yesterday, the wind was so strong I felt unbalanced. Tottering like the old woman I have become.Yet we walked about a mile, which did me a world of good.


Flowers are peeking their lovely heads from the ground and one spies a splash of yellow, white, purple in the dead grass. It's a promise that spring is just around the corner. After this long hard winter, it is a promise that we all are looking forward to.

This is their house, made of brick inside and out.                                      




No comments:

Post a Comment