16 December, 2009

Ready for Christmas?


The weather is getting colder and colder. It was 0 degrees Fahrenheit, which is approximately -20C, last night and still very cold this morning. Yesterday we had another inch of snow.  So that makes almost 50cm.

This is the yew bush in front of the house. It's so tall, I worry that it'll harm the roof, but no problem this winter. The weight of the snow is pulling it down.

I decided to get off my bottom and start walking, so I walked almost a mile today. The sidewalks are obstacle paths, icy, snowy and then a long patch of free cement. It was slow going, but better than nothing.

We leave for Los Angeles on Saturday. A portion of the family will be there for Christmas and then we come back and we'll have dinner with the only child of mine not coming to LA.

Christmas was not a happy time when I was growing up and I have to fight the scrooge mentality. My daughter has decorated her house and made Christmas cookies, pies and whatever else Christmas entails. She's really looking forward to it, so I'll be on my best behavior.

I think one of the problems with the holidays is you're expected to be happy and jovial. And frankly, one doesn't always feel that way. But, hey, we should at least try to positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment